Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday in Park City, Utah

Today is a day off from driving while Michelle visits with Maureen, a former teacher friend who lives in Salt Lake.

LuLu, Lucy, Tula, Boo Boo, (all Lucy's names and she answers to those and more) and I are hanging out in our beautiful room at the St. Regis Dear Valley...if you have to across Utah to get to California, and that would be the only reason, IMO, to cross Utah, then staying in Dear Valley is a nice treat. It's beautiful and the weather is spectacular. Lulu and I just came in from a walk on the trail and now it's time for nappies. Her not me.

My side of the aisle knows that I am a dog lover, and have had 4 goldens during my lifetime. But, have to say this trip with Miss B and Tula has broadened my perspective on traveling with dogs. Lucy is a golden doodle with a big Golden personality. (My iPad says that golden doodle is two words...tough writing this blog when you're traveling with an English teacher.).

So far I've learned:

1. leave your scented shirt with the dog if you leave her alone in the room
2. make sure you leave the leash on the dog so you can grab her when she starts growling and barking at the Colorado State Trooper who has a big gun and is giving mommy a ticket.
3. offer the dog ice water when she's over-heated in 109 degree weather so she throws up on her special blanket...I couldn't look.

I've learned more but I don't want to risk Michelle leaving me in Utah if you catch my drift.

Tomorrow we head to Winnamucca, home of Mother Mucca, see Tales of The City, and a few Agnos relatives....but that's another story.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment