Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Probably the last blog entry... for me.

Yesterday, Auntie, Lucy and I arrived home in San Francisco at 10:00am to a beautiful 60 degree day.  Well in advance of our 8pm planned arrival, might I add.  It's been funny to field all the different opinions about our journey along the way... "Wow!  You're making great time."  or "You're only in Colorado??"... funny how everyone has a vision of where you should be along the way.

Here is the bottom line for me-- I learned some really interesting things about my aunt and my family along the way-- my maternal grandfather worked on the railroads across the midwest,  I have a distant family member who died recently in a bar fight in Winnemucca, my Uncle was stationed in Fort Carson, CO in the intelligence unit, and many more fascinating things for me-- but probably not for you-- so I'll spare you all.

Now I'm looking forward to getting settled in my apartment later this week... and shortly on the heels of that, getting settled in my new classroom and starting back to work teaching on August 15th. 

My life feels very surreal at the moment.  It almost feels as if my life has been a movie that was on "pause" for two years and I've pressed "play" in California again.  Not to say that I've been paused in my work... but all of sudden, now that I'm home, my time in DC feels like a dream... a wild and wonderful feeling.

Once I and I (lol) have a chance to recover and refresh from the trip, we'll post some pics from along the way...

Until then, signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment